I started the day off with a wonderful yoga class instructed by Sensei Anita. Before class, Sensei Anita and I sat on our mats and had a lengthy conversation about the injury I have in my hips (a rotated sacroiliac joint) from the car accident while we waited for the other students to arrive; nonetheless, I was pleasantly surprised that she decided to devote the class to doing a plethora of poses that were focused on opening the hips and hamstring stretches and strengtheners.
I truly feel so lucky to have found the Midwest Karate Association.
I went to Wal-mart in West Saint Paul in the early afternoon to follow up on the application I submitted last week and spoke to the hiring manager, Reed. Apparently he's tried to contact me a few times this week already to set up an interview, so I'm really glad I went in and spoke to him (I'm so bad about listening to my messages sometimes). He set up an interview for me on Monday at 1:00 P.M., which I take to mean I've essentially got the job already, because I always ace my interviews.
In the evening, Trent and I went to a rink in Woodbury and skated for a few hours -- that was a really good cardiovascular work out, to be sure. Additionally, it was a lot of fun, actually. Angie was right -- skating is totally addictive.
So, to quote Ice Cube, "Today was a good day."
No comments:
Post a Comment