Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Kickboxing?

I've really enjoyed karate quite a bit, but I was chatting with Gabrielle a few days ago about how one of my motivations for joining karate is my determination to achieve a sculpted body (i.e. toned, relatively muscular, and with a healthier amount of body fat), and she replied that kickboxing would be a more ideal sport for that kind of goal.

Thus, I looked into it a bit more, and it would appear that she's actually right. So I think I'm either going drop karate for now (though I really love that dojo, so I may definitely come back to it later), but it would appear that kickboxing would more comport with my immediate fitness goals.

My weight loss has been going excruciatingly slow. In the past few weeks or so, I've only lost about 6-8 pounds. I could really use a cardio intensive workout regimen to help kick start my weight loss.

And for the record, I really am doing this more than anything for myself. Because I've always wanted a sculpted body --Gavin just provided the impetus do something I've been putting off for a long time. Gabrielle actually became very angry with Gavin when I told her what he had said to me about my weight, but I defended him, arguing that he is being perfectly reasonable to have such stringent and high expectations of his lovers (not that I'm yet his lover or anything) because it comes with the territory. That is that part of being so attractive necessarily entails that you can have better expectations of others than people who aren't able to be so choosy, and I'm perfectly aware of just how much this sounds like an elitist rant, but it's the truth, so deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment